FAQ > Chris The Bartender FAQ: > What size tin should I buy? 8 oz.? 18 oz.? 28 oz?

Search the Frequently Asked Questions:

The 28 oz. tin is the standard size for both mixing drinks and flair bartending. The 16 oz. and the 18 oz. tins are used for “capping” the end of the 28 oz. tin. I recommend the 18 oz. tins for this since they sit a little higher than the 16 oz. and allow for more liquid to be poured into the tin. Get at least one 28 oz. tin and one 18 oz. tin.